from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Coated or soiled with grease.
- adj. Containing grease, especially too much grease: a greasy hamburger.
- adj. Suggestive of grease in slickness or slipperiness: a greasy character.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a slippery surface; having a surface covered with grease.
- adj. Containing a lot of grease or fat.
- adj. detestable, unethical.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Composed of, or characterized by, grease; oily; unctuous.
- adj. Smeared or defiled with grease.
- adj. Like grease or oil; smooth; seemingly unctuous to the touch, as is mineral soapstone.
- adj. Fat of body; bulky.
- adj. Gross; indelicate; indecent.
- adj. Affected with the disease called grease; as, the heels of a horse. See Grease, n., 2.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of grease; having much grease or fat; oily; unctuous; fat: as, greasy food.
- Smeared or soiled with grease; hence, slippery as if from being greased.
- Like grease or oil; seemingly unctuous to the touch: as, a chalk that has a greasy feel.
- Slimy; muddy; foul.
- Foggy; misty.
- Nautical, dirty; foul; disagreeable: said of weather.
- Gross; indecent.
- In farriery, affected with the disease called grease: as, a horse with greasy legs.
- Successful in whaling; having taken a full cargo of oil: as in the expression greasy luck.
- See the extract.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. containing an unusual amount of grease or oil
- adj. smeared or soiled with grease or oil
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Other unseemly behaviour exposed as part of the case involved a description of Mr Izzo as a "manwhore" with the nickname "greasy", and the exchange by lawyers of "lurid details" of "a gay porn star called Marcus Day", with copies sent to Mr Izzo.
I went out for dinner and movie with friends yesterday, and instead of indulging in greasy pub food and beer I had 3 unsweetened iced teas (I was v thirsty) and a house salad.
On the floor, in greasy overalls, squatted a greasy little man to whom his employer nodded.
He located the Bic and flicked - it angrily sprung into life, shooting the flame past the tip of his nose and into his hair that hung in greasy strips over his forehead singeing the hair ssshht.
So I see by various recent postings that Dave Petzal is taking care of some sewing chores and Joe Cermele is hanging out in greasy spoons.
Nick: haha, sweet finding our kitchen cloth submerged in greasy water, in a pot that could've been easily cleaned right after cooking but has been left so that everything is caked on and requires scrubbing, in a sink full of food scraps and dirty water rather than dry, on the side
Which is fine with me since I cherish the moments alone, even if my hands are stuck in greasy dish water.
When I got home the whole mess had been cremated and the house was saturated in greasy smoke.
Shoot that cheeseburger into my vein, you greasy smellin 'greasy surly old broad.
It's not that the Japanese are uninterested in greasy, fat-drenched food.