from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Containing or composed of fat.
- adjective Characteristic of fat; greasy.
- adjective Derived from or chemically related to fat.
- noun A fat person.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Consisting of fat.
- Containing fat; adipose: as, fatty tissue.
- Having certain of the properties of fat; especially, having a greasy feel; resembling fat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Containing fat, or having the qualities of fat; greasy; gross.
- adjective (Chem.) any one of the paraffin series of monocarbonic acids, as formic acid, acetic, etc.; -- so called because the higher members, as stearic and palmitic acids, occur in the natural fats, and are themselves fatlike substances.
- adjective See under
- adjective (Med.) a diseased condition, in which the oil globules, naturally present in certain organs, are so multiplied as gradually to destroy and replace the efficient parts of these organs.
- adjective etc. (Med.), a heart, liver, etc., which have been the subjects of fatty degeneration or infiltration.
- adjective (Med.) a condition in which there is an excessive accumulation of fat in an organ, without destruction of any essential parts of the latter.
- adjective (Med.) a tumor consisting of fatty or adipose tissue; lipoma.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Containing, composed of, or consisting of
- adjective Like
- adjective slang Literally or figuratively
- noun pejorative, slang An
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective containing or composed of fat
- noun a rotund individual
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From fat + -y. Cognate with Dutch vettig ("fatty, greasy"), German fettig ("fatty").
Sorry, no example sentences found.