from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A prefix in compounds derived from the Greek, signifying ‘four’: as, tetrachord, tetragon, tetrarch, tetramerous, tetrapetalous, tetraspermous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- A combining form or prefix signifying
four, as in tetrabasic, tetrapetalous.
- (Chem.) A combining form (also used adjectively) denoting
four proportionalor combining partsof the substance or ingredient denoted by the term to which it is prefixed, as in tetra-chloride, tetroxide.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- prefix Forming compound words having the sense of ‘
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun brightly colored tropical freshwater fishes
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From combining form of Ancient Greek τέτταρες (tettares), τέσσαρες (tessares, "four").
Sorry, no example sentences found.