from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An often repeated song in a musical play that is identified with the work or one of its characters.
- noun A song that is identified with a performer, group, or radio or television program.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun music, broadcasting A
songwhich accompanies a televisionor radio program, usually as an introor outro.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a melody that recurs and comes to represent a musical play or movie
- noun a melody used to identify a performer or a dance band or radio/tv program
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.