from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun plural A snug stretchable garment covering the body from the waist down, designed for general wear by women and girls.
- noun plural A similar garment designed for athletic use, worn especially by acrobats and dancers.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Garments clinging closely to the legs, or to the whole form, and intended either to display the form or to facilitate movement, or both, as in the case of dancers, acrobats, or gymnasts.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun plural Close-fitting garments, especially for the lower part of the body and the legs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A close-fitting,
sheeror non-sheer skin-tight garment worn principally by women and girls that covers the body completely from the waistdown, usually including the feet.
- noun A similar, non-sheer garment worn by
dancersof either sex, especially by balletdancers.
- noun In blasting rock, a piece of unbroken rock within the pay limit of a blast.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun skintight knit hose covering the body from the waist to the feet worn by acrobats and dancers and as stockings by women and girls
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
I just hope there are no You-Tube videos of Geoghagen in tights imitating Mick Jagger.
Cheesy plots and fairly cute girls in tights will do a better job of holding my attention for an hour.
February 7th, 2010 at 7: 00 pm lebowski says: lil johnson, why still here. you said you were going to go wank it to grown men in tights grabbing each other hours ago. your racism, childishness and general idiocy are not impressing — or surprising — anyone.
Was she wearing a boa and wrasslin 'tights when she announced her candidacy?
In the background, shirtless guys in tights keep moving white chairs around, like a bunch of indecisive wedding planners.
I prefer to NOT look at men in tights (or tight clothes).
Though when I hear that I think more about how comics went from all dudes in tights to a variety of emotional material, Ghost World, that kind of thing.
But we understand watching half naked men fighting turns you on, much like when you watch muscular men in tights “wrasslin” on TV.
And high culture vs. low culture - I'd argue Watchmen is pretty good writing, but it comes with the dudes in tights, so it gets a minus just for that?
But I guess we all have our fantasies, be they the manufactured dramas of television, dueling with goblins and orcs, or steroid-fueled men in tights slamming their bodies into each other.