from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. A snug stretchable garment covering the body from the waist or neck down, designed for general wear by women and girls.
- n.pl. A similar garment designed for athletic use, worn especially by acrobats and dancers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A close-fitting, sheer or non-sheer skin-tight garment worn principally by women and girls that covers the body completely from the waist down, usually including the feet.
- n. A similar, non-sheer garment worn by dancers of either sex, especially by ballet dancers.
- n. In blasting rock, a piece of unbroken rock within the pay limit of a blast.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. Close-fitting garments, especially for the lower part of the body and the legs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Garments clinging closely to the legs, or to the whole form, and intended either to display the form or to facilitate movement, or both, as in the case of dancers, acrobats, or gymnasts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. skintight knit hose covering the body from the waist to the feet worn by acrobats and dancers and as stockings by women and girls
From tight (Wiktionary)