from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A coarsely knitted, stretchable jersey fabric.
- n. A pair of tights or a leotard of such fabric, worn for ballet or gymnastics.
- n. A woman's one-piece swimsuit usually cut high on the leg.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A one-piece swimsuit (for women)
- n. A leotard or tights of stretchable, jersey fabric, generally worn by dancers and gymnasts.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A woman's one-piece bathing suit.
- n. for dancers or gymnasts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woman's one-piece bathing suit
- n. tights for dancers or gymnasts
French, from Old French, swaddling clothes, from maille, mesh, from Latin macula.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French maillot ("shirt, leotard"). (Wiktionary)