from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative spelling of
- verb transitive, intransitive, reflexive To physically rotate horizontally 360 degrees.
- verb transitive, intransitive, reflexive To
changeto the opposite directionfrom a previous position.
- verb transitive, intransitive, reflexive, sports To
reversethe expected outcomeof a game, usually from a losing positionto a winningone.
- verb transitive, business, management To
reversea trend, usually towards a more favorable outcome; to return(a business, department) to effectiveness, profitability, etc.
- verb transitive, idiomatic, colloquial To be
- verb transitive, idiomatic, of an idea To
considerfrom a different viewpoint.
- verb transitive, idiomatic, colloquial (often with a
unitof time) To produce; to output; to generate
- verb idiomatic, buzzword, with "180 degrees" To
effecta positive reversalof a trend.
- verb idiomatic, buzzword, with "360 degrees" To make a
situation worseby trying to make it better.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb improve dramatically
- verb improve significantly; go from bad to good
- noun turning in an opposite direction or position
- verb turn abruptly and face the other way, either physically or metaphorically
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.