from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun A hydrometer graduated so that each division represents the same change of density.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • A form of hydrometer for liquids heavier than water, graduated with an arbitrary scale such that the readings when multiplied by .005 and added to unity give the specific gravity.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.