from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun One that sets written material into type; a compositor or printer.

from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun One who prints with or from types, or by typographic process.
  • noun A beetle of the genus Bostrychus, as B. typographicus: so called from the characteristic markings its larva makes on the bark of trees.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun A printer.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun a person skilled in typography
  • noun a typewriter
  • noun a kind of bark beetle

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun one who sets written material into type


from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

typography +‎ -er



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.