from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In motion or operation.
- adv. Already commenced or initiated; in progress.
- adv. Nautical Neither anchored nor moored to a fixed object.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- In operation, in progress, commenced.
- Into motion, into its course.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- prep. in a condition to make progress; having started.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in motion; set in motion
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.