from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Pigments applied to the face or body in preparation for battle, as in certain tribal societies.
- n. Informal Cosmetics such as lipstick, rouge, or mascara.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Pigments ritually applied to the face and/or body of a Native American warrior prior to going into a battle.
- n. cosmetics, makeup
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. paint put on the face and other parts of the body by savages, as a token of going to war.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. adornment consisting of paint applied to the face and body of certain Amerindians before a battle
- n. cosmetics applied to the face to improve or change your appearance
- n. full ceremonial regalia
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.