from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition or quality of being brave; courage.
- n. Splendor or magnificence; show.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Being brave, courageousness.
- n. A brave act.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being brave; fearless; intrepidity.
- n. The act of braving; defiance; bravado.
- n. Splendor; magnificence; showy appearance; ostentation; fine dress.
- n. A showy person; a fine gentleman; a beau.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being brave; courage; heroism; undaunted spirit; intrepidity; gallantry; fearlessness.
- n. Showiness; splendor; magnificence.
- n. Show; ostentation; parade.
- n. Bravado; boast.
- n. A showy person.
- n. Synonyms Valor, daring, pluck, boldness, mettle, audacity. For comparison, see brave.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a quality of spirit that enables you to face danger or pain without showing fear
- n. feeling no fear
Sorry, no etymologies found.
So too much bravery is put into Moklan, and the bravery spills over.
They can draw on reserves we never knew existed and teach lessons in bravery and determination we never expected.
You may be unafraid, Mr. Larsen, but you must grant that the bravery is mine.
His bravery is never questioned by those friends who are aware of the Mill Valley episode.
They remind us that bravery is not just the willingness to fight on the battlefield, but the willingness to fight for what's right.
In the War of Independence, an heroic feat of strength and bravery is performed by Juan Valdivia near the city of Zacatecas.
Perhaps if you did some work on the subject, you would realise that the real bravery is exhibited by those TS/TG people who live in another gender role, in a country where kneejerk transphobic reactions – like yours – are not only tolerated, but given airtime on national television.
You search for courage, but the bravery is fading.
She stepped forward in bravery, she was convinced that the military actions amounted to a violation of fundamental human rights of Nigerians to elect their government.
Obama's first showing of true bravery is to stand on a platform in plain view and speak to a crowd.