from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Fussy or showy dress or ornamentation.
- noun A rustling sound, as of silk.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A rustling, particularly the rustling of silk, as in a woman's dress: as, the silken frou-frou of her movements.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A rustling, esp. the rustling of a woman's dress.
- noun showy or frilly ornamentation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative spelling of
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[French, of imitative origin.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.