from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A social system whereby the state assumes primary responsibility for the welfare of its citizens, as in matters of health care, education, employment, and social security.
- n. A nation in which such a system operates.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a social system in which the state takes overall responsibility for the welfare of its citizens, providing health care, education, unemployment compensation and social security
- n. a state or nation in which such a system operates
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a government that undertakes responsibility for the welfare of its citizens through programs in public health and public housing and pensions and unemployment compensation etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.