from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The state, quality, or fact of being wide.
- noun The measurement of the extent of something from side to side.
- noun A piece of material measured along its smaller dimension or its crosswise grain, especially a piece of fabric measured from selvage to selvage.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Breadth; wideness; the lineal extent of a thing from side to side; comprehensiveness: opposed to narrowness.
- noun In textiles, dressmaking, etc., same as
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The quality of being wide; extent from side to side; breadth; wideness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The state of being
- noun The
measurementof the extentof something from sideto side.
- noun A piece of
material measuredalong its smaller dimension, especially fabric.
- noun cricket The
horizontal distancebetween a batsmanand the ballas it passeshim.
- noun sports The use of all the width of the pitch, from one side to the other.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the extent of something from side to side
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[wide + –th.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
wide + -th
Sorry, no example sentences found.