from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A large pigeon (Columba palumbus) of Europe and Asia, having a white band on each wing.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The wood-culver, wood-quest, cushat, or ring-dove, Columba palumbus; also, sometimes, the stockdove, C. ænas.
- noun In the western United States, the band-tailed pigeon, Columba fasciata.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative spelling of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun Eurasian pigeon with white patches on wings and neck
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.