from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of being worked, dealt with, or handled.
- adj. Capable of being put into effective operation; practicable or feasible. See Synonyms at possible.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Capable of functioning.
- adj. Able to be worked or fashioned
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being worked, or worth working.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- That can be worked, or that is worth working: as, a workable mine; workable coal.
- Practicable; feasible: as, a workable scheme for lighting the streets.
- Capable of being stirred or influenced.
- Capable of being set at work.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being done with means at hand and circumstances as they are
Mr Bartlett says he will announce what he describes as a workable arrangement for his minority Labor Government in the next 12 to 24 hours.
Trying to use the law to make a failed model workable is a waste of time, even if UK politicians such as Mandelson are apparently corrupt enough to do their bidding, what they're asking for won't actually work.
Making the situation workable is two-fold: It's helpful if the blind person tells the 911 dispatcher that a guide dog will be in the home, and if the dispatcher tells the blind person the name of the police officer who will be responding to the call.
As for the paddling conditions — well, he said, it all looked workable from the wind-shield of a Super Cub.
Currently, there are no clear alternatives in workable order, and students who for whatever reason "fail" the WASL, have no recourse.
What one group calls workable is called punitive by another.
If so, I pick up right where I left off and stick to the idea of getting things in workable order, little by little.
It will need careful planning, real team of experts and an appropriate amount of time, to find a long term workable solution.
"If the solution involves selling the loans at a loss, it isn't a long-term workable solution," said Kevin Bruns, executive director of America's Student Loan Providers.
But the point I want to make is that ownership by the DNC is not going to be a long term workable solution for the MyBO social/political networking database and software.