from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A desk at which someone may write.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a desk with a sloping top for writing upon; also, a case containing writing materials, and used in a similar manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A writing-table, especially one in which the whole or a part of the top is sloping, and the space below the top is occupied with drawers, pigeonholes, or shelves: sometimes there is also a raised frame or case of drawers, shelves, or pigeon-holes. Compare writing-table and escritoire.
- n. A portable writing-case, usually made of wood and of moderate size, closing up tightly for security and convenience, and fitted to contain stationery of all sorts, papers on file, writing materials, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a portable case containing writing materials and having a writing surface
- n. a desk for writing (usually with a sloping top)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.