from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Specifically, an adherent of the plan of colonizing Hebrews in Palestine set forth by Theodor Herzl in 1896. See Zionism.
- Of or pertaining to Zionism or the Zionists.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Jewish supporter of Zionism
- adj. relating to or characteristic of a supporter of Zionism
- adj. relating to or characteristic of Zionism
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The word zionist implies a belief in the existence of the state of Israel not necessarily connotating a wish for its expansion.
I often see the over-use of the word zionist in a way that could bleed into anti-semitism, or at the least, feed the antisemitic message machine.
See what happens when you use the word zionist or islamofascist by
An israeli zionist is someone who practices political fanaticism.
The word zionist is the most foul word of the 21st century.
People often ask me to define the word zionist … ..
Creating a “jewish” aka zionist state in the middle of arab land after not existing for 2000 years had nothing to do with it.
It is a mistake to call zionist propaganda rags like Human Events "conservative".
Let me preface this by saying that I have never been obsessed or fixated on 'zionist' or "Jews vs. Arab" topic, as so many seem to be today.
Those bigots who cannot distinguish between the political/secular "zionist" and the racial/religious "Jew" terms will also retain their ways of thinking no matter what we do.