from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a Marxist-Leninist party.
- n. A supporter of such a party or movement.
- n. A Communard.
- n. A radical viewed as a subversive or revolutionary.
- adj. Relating to, characteristic of, or held to resemble communism or Communists.
- adj. Supporting, advocating, or serving to further communism: communist propaganda.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of a (nominally) Communist party.
- n. A person who believes the philosophy of Communism.
- adj. relating to a (nominally) Communist party.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An advocate for the theory or practice of communism.
- n. A supporter of the commune of Paris.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who advocates and practises the doctrines of communism.
- n. An advocate of communalism; a member of a commune; a communalist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or marked by communism
- n. a socialist who advocates communism
- n. a member of the communist party
Sorry, no etymologies found.
He continued, "You could compare Al-Qaeda to communism: Being a communist doesn't necessarily mean belonging to a Communist party; it just means holding Communist beliefs."
The visitors went to a social and heard the communist violinist Soermus and, what specially delighted Bunting. recitations by the Communist 'speaking chorus' who declaimed revolutionary poems in unison, forty or fifty voices together, with great effect, as though they meant it.
Beijing After a 60-gun salute, 8,000 troops of the People's Liberation Army goose-stepped through Tiananmen Square in celebration of 60 years of a communist power over 60 years of Communist rule Thursday, staging its biggest-ever parade of military hardware with over a hundred thousand marching masses in a display that
I don’t think the failure to prosecute communist rights abusers is anything more than lack of domestic will and remember, Poland is a country with few people who long for the Communist past and the extreme weakness and undeveloped state of international law.
Now, the term Communist means that we, the socialists, take money from the Rich Capitalist Pigs and give it to the poor undeserving masses.
Communist comes from the Latin word comunis, which means 'common.'
I Married a Communist is about a man who embraces communist ideology as destiny.
South Africa fought what it called a Communist onslaught on it.
I tried to do a great deal of background reading on the formation of Hollywood, on what I call the Communist detour, the role of the Communist Party in Hollywood in the 1930s, the black list.
The more vocal kind of Communist is in effect a Russian publicity agent posing as an international socialist.