from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. amplitude modulation
- abbr. Latin artium magister (Master of Arts)
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The ISO 3166-1 two-letter (alpha-2) code for Armenia.
- abbr. Abbreviation of Amazonas. (This is a state of Brazil.)
- From Latin ante meridiem, meaning "before noon (12:00)".
- Initialism of Amplitude Modulation.
- Initialism of Artium Magister.
- Initialism of Master of Arts.
- Initialism of Assembly Member. (A title similar to MP, placed after the name of a Member of the Welsh National Assembly.)
- Initialism of Automated Mapping. (Used in conjunction with Facilities Managements abbreviations (AM/FM).)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I am so confused. by daveys on Thursday, Jan 7, 2010 at 1: 25: 34 AM what is the point? by michael payne on Thursday, Jan 7, 2010 at 10: 38: 15 AM
I am from New York by Rachel Gladstone-Gelman on Friday, Jan 8, 2010 at 7: 26: 19 AM
I Am by shadow dancer on Tuesday, Jan 5, 2010 at 3: 47: 00 AM
I am willing to accept Rush's statement ... by John Sanchez Jr. on Saturday, Jan 2, 2010 at 10: 19: 08 AM
To view all comments: why am i not surprised? by Meryl Ann Butler on Friday, Jan 8, 2010 at 9: 36: 01 AM
Besides the fact that it still works like, well, clockwork, I'm subconsciously holding onto it, waiting for the day an editor from Architectural Digest happens to come knocking, asks to use my bathroom, spots it next to my bed and comments how retro chic I am to be in possession of such an evocative artifact, what with its terrestrial radio FM and AM and Dream Bar Snooze/Sleep Off Button.
I am sure by implementing this everytime writing an article will be so beneficial. by nedia clark (0 articles, 0 quicklinks, 0 diaries, 1 comments) on Sunday, Feb 8, 2009 at 9: 35: 29 AM
I've already spiritually rejected this world for myself so I am not under any spiritual mark of the beast of worshipping the beast & the image of the beast. by shadow dancer (0 articles, 0 quicklinks, 0 diaries, 1592 comments [172 recommended, 3 rejected]) on Thursday, Nov 19, 2009 at 11: 42: 58 AM
I am a libertarian, do you think otherwise? by Darren Wolfe on Monday, Jan 12, 2009 at 4: 56: 12 PM wolfe an idiot as usual by liberalsrock on Monday, Jan 12, 2009 at 8: 43: 13 AM
I am sure you have a point by Paula Sayles on Wednesday, Jan 7, 2009 at 9: 08: 07 AM
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.