from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. accounts payable
- abbr. advanced placement
- abbr. airplane
- abbr. air police
- abbr. American plan
- abbr. antipersonnel
- abbr. Associated Press
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- Associated Press
- Advanced Placement
- accounts payable
- automatic payment
- access point
- Armed Forces in the Pacific (USPS abbreviation code)
- American plan (hotel rate type)
- Auxiliary Provisions - a naval transport
- Atlantic Pacific - (Global Indicator used for air fare calculations)
- abbr. Amapá, a state of Brazil.
- abbr. adjective phrase; adverbial phrase (Note: to disambiguate, one can use the abbreviations AdjP and AdvP instead.)
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Son: a word occurring in Welsh pedigrees and as a prefix in surnames, equivalent to and cognate with Mac (which see), as in Welsh Gruffudd ap Owain, Griffith, son of Owen, Aprhys, Apthomas, etc.: in the Anglicized forms of Welsh names often reduced to P- or B-, as in Preece, Price (Ap-Rhys, Ap-Rice), Powell (Ap-Howell), Bevan (Ap-Evan), Bowen (Ap-Owen), etc.
- n. Assimilated form, in Latin, etc., of adbefore p, as in approbation, appellate, etc.; in older English words a “restored” form of Middle English and Old French a-, the regular reduced form of Latin ap-, as in appeal, appear, approve, etc.
- n. The form of apo- before a vowel, as in apagoge, apanthropy, etc.
- An abbreviation of American Protective Association.
- n. An abbreviation of Army Pay Department.
Sorry, no etymologies found.