from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative capitalization of abelian
- n. A member of a sect in fourth-century Africa mentioned by St. Augustine, who states that they married but lived in continence after the manner, as they claimed, of Abel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of a sect in Africa (4th century), mentioned by St. Augustine, who states that they married, but lived in continence, after the manner, as they pretended, of Abel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of a religious sect which arose in northern Africa in the fourth century.
- Of or pertaining to the Norwegian mathematician Niels Henrik Abel (1802–1829).
From Abel + -ian. (Wiktionary)