from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Pueblo people, the founders and inhabitants of Acoma.
- n. A member of this people.
- n. The Keresan language of the Acoma.
- A pueblo of west-central New Mexico west of Albuquerque. Founded c. 1100-1250, it is regarded as the oldest continuously inhabited community in the United States. Population: 2,800.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An ancient Native American pueblo in western New Mexico, United States.
Acoma, people of the white rock.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Western Keres aa'ku ("white rock") + meh ("people") (Wiktionary)