from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of Algonquin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Alternative form of Algonquin.
- n. Alternative form of Algonquin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging to an important and widely spread family of North American Indian tribes, formerly inhabiting the eastern coast from Labrador down through the Middle States, and extending westward across the Mississippi valley, and even into the Rocky mountains.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of a North American Indian people in the Ottawa river valley of Ontario and Quebec
- n. the Algonquian language spoken by the Algonkian
Sorry, no etymologies found.