from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A massif of the Himalaya Mountains in north-central Nepal. It rises to 8,083.7 m (26,504 ft) at Annapurna I in the west. Annapurna II, in the east, is 7,942.5 m (26,041 ft) high.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. wife of Siva and a benevolent aspect of Devi: goddess of plenty.
- n. a mountain in Nepal, 26,504 feet high.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. wife of Siva and a benevolent aspect of Devi: Hindu goddess of plenty
- n. a mountain in the Himalayas in Nepal (26,500 feet high)
Sorry, no etymologies found.