from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Mythology The principal Assyrian deity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. the head of the Assyrian pantheon, later identified with Anshar
- proper n. the city of Assur
- proper n. a common given name among Assyrian people
- proper n. grandson of Noah in Genesis
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an ancient Assyrian city on the Tigris and traditional capital of Assyria; just to the south of the modern city of Mosul in Iraq
- n. chief god of the Assyrians; god of military prowess and empire; identified with Babylonian Anshar
Sorry, no etymologies found.