from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A former kingdom of extreme northeast India, now a state separated from the rest of the country by Bangladesh. The kingdom was founded by invaders from Burma and China in the 13th century.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A state in north-eastern India
- proper n. The former realm it was named after
- proper n. A black tea named after the above Indian region where it is grown.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. state in northeastern India
Sorry, no etymologies found.