from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a Baltic-speaking people.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Lithuania, Latvia, or Estonia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An inhabitant of one of the modern Baltic states: Lithuania, Latvia or Estonia.
- n. An ethnic descendant of the Indo-European Baltic people, especially including ethnic Lithuanians, Latvians or Prussians, but generally not including ethnic Belarusians, Estonians, Germans, Jews, Livonians, Poles, Russians, Swedes or Tatars who have also inhabited or currently inhabit the modern Baltic states.
- n. A native speaker of one of the Baltic languages: Lithuanian, Latvian, Old Prussian, Sudovian and related languages.
From Medieval Latin Balthae, Balts.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Medieval Latin Balthae (Wiktionary)