American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A city of northern Maryland on an arm of Chesapeake Bay northeast of Washington, D.C. It has been a busy port since the 18th century. Population: 631,000.
- Baltimore, Lord See Calvert.
- Baltimore, David Born 1938. American microbiologist. He shared a 1975 Nobel Prize for research on the interaction of tumor viruses and genetic material.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In entomology, an American nymphalid butterfly, Euphydryas phæton. It has black wings margined with rows of reddish and pale-yellow spots. It occurs in the eastern United States, and its larvæ feed on the snakehead (Chelone) and other plants.
Comstock, How to Know the Butterflies, Index, p. 125.
- n. the largest city in Maryland; a major seaport and industrial center
- Named after Cæcilius Calvert, 2nd Baron Baltimore. The first Proprietary Governor of the Province of Maryland. (Wiktionary)
“BALTIMORE - Brad Bergesen was removed from the Baltimore”
“BALTIMORE - An 18-year-old woman suffered numerous injuries at a suburban Baltimore home owned by the founder of an organization that's been described as a religious cult, but the woman and her associates have not been forthcoming about what happened, police said”
“BALTIMORE - Rains have left some areas with minor flooding in and around Baltimore overnight.”
“BALTIMORE -- Maryland corrections officials will use portable fingerprint scanners and make other changes in how they release prisoners after an inmate serving three life terms conned his way out of a Baltimore prison last week.”
“BALTIMORE - Prosecutors say a Baltimore man has been convicted of murder and participation in a criminal gang resulting in death.”
“BALTIMORE - A crash involving Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps was blamed on the other driver, who ran a red light, Baltimore police said Friday ....”
“BALTIMORE - An inmate serving three life sentences for attempted murder convictions pretended to be a cellmate who was due for release and walked out of a Baltimore prison, corrections officials said Thursday night.”
“BALTIMORE - A Baltimore man has been sentenced to a year and a half in jail for faking seizures to get out of paying restaurant bills.”
“BALTIMORE, June 9 (UPI) -- CC Sabathia downed Baltimore for the fourth time this year”
“BALTIMORE - Starting Wednesday, the rape hotline for Baltimore will go into effect.”
Looking for tweets for Baltimore.