from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Nautical A large merchant ship.
- n. Nautical A fleet of ships.
- n. A rich source or supply: an argosy of adventure lore.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A merchant ship.
- n. A merchant flotilla, fleet.
- n. Popular anglicism of the Argonautika of Apollonios Rhodios.
- n. A collection of lore.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A large ship, esp. a merchant vessel of the largest size.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large merchant vessel, especially one carrying a rich freight.
- n. A fleet of ships.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one or more large merchant ships
Alteration of obsolete ragusye, from Italian ragusea, vessel of Ragusa (Dubrovnik).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Alteration of Italian ragusea ("a large ship"), after the maritime city of Ragusa, now Dubrovnik. (Wiktionary)