American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A city of south-central India west of Chennai (Madras). Founded in 1537, it is a major industrial center and transportation hub. Population: 4,290,000.
- n. The state capital of Karnataka (India).
- v. business To outsource (an employee, position, or function) to India, especially to Bangalore.
- n. an industrial city in south central India (west of Chennai)
- From Kannada ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು (beṅgaḷūru). The source of the name Bengaluru is usually attributed to Benga-val-ooru (City of Guards) in Old Kannada or Benda-kaal-ooru (Town of Boiled Beans) from Kannada folklore. (Wiktionary)
“BANGALORE: Star batsman Younus Khan has refused to lead Pakistan cricket team in the final Test, to be played in Bangalore from December 8.”
“September 30th, 2009 BANGALORE - Bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan promoted his upcoming film 'Ravana' at an event in Bangalore on Wednesday.”
“NEW DELHI/BANGALORE: Last week's bombings at the M. Chinnaswamy stadium in Bangalore have set off an intense debate on the safety of India's sports venues.”
“BANGALORE: A historic city founded in the early 1600s, but Kempegowda's Bangalore is yet to have a proper database of its myriad heritage buildings.”
“Accretive business consulting forges strategic alliance with transfer pricing associates BANGALORE - Business Consulting (Accretive) a Bangalore based business consulting firm has entered into an alliance with Amsterdam headquartered, Transfer Pricing Associates (TPA), a leading independent provider of global transfer pricing and valuation services.”
“December 29th, 2009 BANGALORE - The maiden non-stop Duranto express from Bangalore to H.wrah will be flagged off Jan 3, union Minister of State for Railways K.H. Muniyappa said here Tuesday.”
“August 30th, 2009 BANGALORE - The Indian cricket team was seen sweating hard on the practice ground in Bangalore for the tri-series in Sri Lanka, featuring New Zealand from September 8-14.”
“Uprising and will have Abhishek Bachchan play Surjya Sen. September 30th, 2009 BANGALORE - Bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan promoted his upcoming film 'Ravana' at an event in Bangalore on Wednesday.”
“BANGALORE: The Janata Dal (Secular) has planned a mammoth rally at Madavara on Tumkur Road on the outskirts of Bangalore on Wednesday to highlight the sufferings of the farmers on account of the contentious Bangalore Mysore Infrastructure Corridor (BMIC) project.”
“BANGALORE - Several theatres in Bangalore Friday stopped the screening of Hrithik”
‘Bangalore’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Bangalore.