from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An assiduous and devoted admirer, student, and recorder of another's words and deeds.
- Boswell, James 1740-1795. British lawyer, diarist, and writer renowned as the biographer of Samuel Johnson.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Scottish habitational surname of Norman origin from Beuzeville in France.
- proper n. James Boswell, biographer of Samuel Johnson.
- n. A devoted admirer and recorder of a person's words and deeds.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Scottish author noted for his biography of Samuel Johnson (1740-1795)
- n. a devoted admirer and recorder of another's words and deeds
After James Boswell.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)