from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Military or imperial dictatorship; political authoritarianism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. autocracy
- n. democratic dictatorship
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A system of government in which unrestricted power is exercised by a single person, to whom, as Cæsar or emperor, it has been committed by the popular will; imperialism; also, advocacy or support of such a system of government.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Government resembling that of a Cæsar or emperor; despotic sway exercised by one who has been placed in power by the popular will; imperialism in general.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a form of government in which the ruler is an absolute dictator (not restricted by a constitution or laws or opposition etc.)
Caesar + -ism (Wiktionary)