from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of plants of the Cactus family. They are natives of America, from California to Chili.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large genus of cactaceous plants, of the tropical and warm regions of America, including 200 species, 30 of which are found in the United States.
- n. [lowercase] Any plant of the genus Cereus.
- n. In zoology, a genus of sea-anemones, of the family Actiniidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. genus of much-branched treelike or shrubby cacti with pronounced ribs and rounded needlelike spines and nocturnal flowers usually white
Sorry, no etymologies found.