from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To take over or adapt in the name of Christianity: pagan monuments Christianized by early missionaries.
- transitive v. To convert to Christianity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make Christian.
- v. To cause to convert to Christianity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make Christian; to convert to Christianity.
- transitive v. To imbue with or adapt to Christian principles.
- intransitive v. To adopt the character or belief of a Christian; to become Christian.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make Christian; convert to Christianity: as, to Christianize the heathen.
- To imbue with Christian principles.
- To follow or profess Christianity; to approach the character of a Christian.
- Also spelled Christianise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. convert to Christianity
- v. adapt in the name of Christianity
Christian + -ize (Wiktionary)