from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The capital and largest city of Denmark, in the extreme eastern part of the country on the eastern coast of Sjaelland. It was a trading and fishing center by the 11th century and became the capital in 1443. Population: 1,150,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The capital city of Denmark.
- proper n. One of the former counties of Denmark.
- proper n. A community in Louisiana.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sweetened hot drink of spirit and beaten eggs.
- n. A children's game in which one player is inclosed by a circle of others holding a rope.
- proper n. The capital city of Denmark. Population (2000) = 1,339,395.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A hot drink made with spirit, sugar, and beaten eggs.
- n. A children's game in which the players form a circle with their hands on a rope, and one inside the circle tries to touch the hands of any other player and kiss that one before he or she can get inside the rope.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the capital and largest city of Denmark; located on the island of Zealand
Sorry, no etymologies found.
COPENHAGEN — Denmark's famed Little Mermaid statue left her perch in the Copenhagen harbor Thursday and started a journey to the World Expo in Shanghai – the first trip abroad in her 96-year history.
December 17th, 2009 COPENHAGEN - Amid fears of a collapse in Copenhagen, Indian Minister of State for Environment Jairam Ramesh Thursday said the developed world would be blamed if the climate change talks here fail.
The Honorable Mayor of Mumbai Smt. December 15th, 2009 COPENHAGEN - Indian leaders at Copenhagen should remember that future generations were watching them closely, says Bollywood actor Rahul Bose, amongst the many well-known faces who have flown to Copenhagen to push for a fair deal on climate change.
COPENHAGEN - Art critics dismissed Bob Dylan as an amateur painter and said his work had no place in Denmark's largest museum, after the American music icon's new painting collection opened in Copenhagen.
New climate draft drops 2010 deadline for a legally binding treaty to fight global warming more images more images more images more images New climate draft drops 2010 deadline for treaty COPENHAGEN - A new draft climate agreement being considered by world leaders at the U.N. summit in Copenhagen drops a previous 2010 deadline for achieving a legally binding treaty to fight global warming.
COPENHAGEN -- At his second press conference at the Copenhagen climate summit, U.S. chief negotiator
COPENHAGEN -- At the Copenhagen summit, there isn't a negotiating process to reach a climate pact.
COPENHAGEN: Since the Copenhagen climate summit's failure, many politicians and pundits have pointed the finger at China's leaders for blocking a binding, global carbon-mitigation treaty.
COPENHAGEN (Reuters Life!) - Got 48 hours to explore the charming Danish capital of Copenhagen.
COPENHAGEN -- (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Unprecedented sustained viral response (SVR) rates were achieved in hepatitis C-infected treatment-failure patients, including those with cirrhosis, with telaprevir-based treatment according to PROVE 3 trial results presented today in the late breaker session at the 44th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.