from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The capital and largest city of Denmark, in the extreme eastern part of the country on the eastern coast of Sjaelland. It was a trading and fishing center by the 11th century and became the capital in 1443. Population: 1,150,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The capital city of Denmark.
- proper n. One of the former counties of Denmark.
- proper n. A community in Louisiana.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. The capital city of Denmark. Population (2000) = 1,339,395.
- n. A sweetened hot drink of spirit and beaten eggs.
- n. A children's game in which one player is inclosed by a circle of others holding a rope.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A hot drink made with spirit, sugar, and beaten eggs.
- n. A children's game in which the players form a circle with their hands on a rope, and one inside the circle tries to touch the hands of any other player and kiss that one before he or she can get inside the rope.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the capital and largest city of Denmark; located on the island of Zealand
Sorry, no etymologies found.