from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- An island of France in the Mediterranean Sea north of Sardinia. Napoleon Bonaparte was born on the island, which was ceded to France by Genoa in 1768.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An island in the Mediterranean to the north of Sardinia; it is currently part of France
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an island in the Mediterranean; with adjacent islets it constitutes a region of France.
- n. a region of France.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a region of France on the island of Corsica; birthplace of Napoleon Bonaparte
- n. an island in the Mediterranean; with adjacent islets it constitutes a region of France
From Latin Corsica (Wiktionary)