from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In zoology and anatomy, a crest, in any sense; a ridge, prominence, or process like or likened to a crest or comb.
- n. In ornithology, specifically— The crest of feathers on a bird's head. The keel of the breast-bone of a carinate bird; the crista sterni.
- n. In anatomy, a ridge or crest for the attachment of a muscle.
- n. A narrow fold of enamel directed inward and backward from a point near the meeting of the protoloph and ectoloph in such a tooth as that of a rhinoceros. See cut under tooth.
- n. A cord-like longitudinal ridge on the dorsal surface of the egg-capsule of cockroaches.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
New World Notes in Portuguese: Crista Lopes criou teleporte fluido de OpenSim para OpenSim Tateru Find an SL Viewer Labeled 2.0 (But Is It Really?)
Events in Second Life Today: Creator of Flexiprims, Diabetes Benefit Auction, Kinetic Amusement Park Opening New World Notes in Portuguese: Crista Lopes criou teleporte fluido de OpenSim para OpenSim Tateru Find an SL Viewer Labeled 2.0 (But Is It Really?)
Lauren, Sean and David — as well as Crista Kende on viola, Mihai Marica on cello, Julia MinJeong Kang on cello, and Gabriela Martinez on piano — are set to play the Weill Recital Hall on Oct. 26.
♦ Crista McHugh was a double finalist in the On the Far Side contest and won the paranormal category of the Emerald City Opener.
They must be saying "Crista Flanagan, I'm looking at you!"
I have a feeling that Crista Flanagan, Carmen Electra and Nicole Parker are going to be in this as the spoof characters (Electra will once more be the token sexy comic book character Look-a-like).
Are Crista Flanagan and Nicole Parker are in it as well, or were they wise enough to give it a miss?
I was among those who cast a vote, and I know many other adults who also cast a vote, and at least one that helped the National Academy of Engineering by providing information about what would constitute appropriate accessories (thank you Crista, — and thank you NAE for asking Crista who is a very stylish in addition to accomplished Computer Scientist).
Crista Cullen continued her good run of form with a goal as Great Britain beat Japan 3-0 in the opening match of their Champions Trophy campaign in Rosario, Argentina.
It's the same pose Toni Lacey struck for the 1960 cover, and inside the magazine Crista, 34, recreates more 60s pinups in a feature accompanied by reproductions of vintage ads.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.