from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. The symbol for the element darmstadtium.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Symbol for darmstadtium.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An abbreviation of days' sights, common in commercial writings: as, a bill payable at 10 d/s. (that is, ten days after sight).
- n. An abbreviation of Distinguished Service Order.
- n. An abbreviation of discharged to sick quarters.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a radioactive transuranic element
- n. the bureau in the State Department that is responsible for the security of diplomats and embassies overseas
- n. an honorary degree in science
Sorry, no etymologies found.