from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. emergency room
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The ISO 3166-1 two-letter (alpha-2) code for Eritrea.
- abbr. Abbreviation of Elizabeth Regina.
- abbr. The statistic "Earned Run"; a run that was scored without the aid of an error by the fielding team that is charged to the pitcher responsible for allowing the runner that scored to reach base.
- abbr. Abbreviation of endoplasmic reticulum.
- abbr. Abbreviation of entity-relationship diagram.
- abbr. Abbreviation of entity-relationship model.
- abbr. Abbreviation of emergency room.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
When the researchers examined the hazard rate trends in black and white women, they noticed that the largest differences occurred in the first three years after diagnosis in both ER - and ER+ tumors.
"We would tell the stories in a piecemeal fashion, only catching the end or beginning of an arc, which reinforces the notion that the ER is a transitional place where you don't necessarily know where they're coming from or going to," Wyle says.
Even if the ER is available for immediate treatment, the unaffordable bill comes later, and what is to be done for the maintenance of chronic conditions, or follow up care?
Our Indigent care from the ER is all the free work we can handle as is.
Intuitively people know what it is, of course; that $100 co-pay at the ER is a pretty good signal that you're not just there to complain about a headache.
It's about time 'ER' is taken off life support - USATODAY. com
The Auburn ER is closer to Kent and Federal Way City than either of those two are to each other.
But the ER is staffed by Physicians 'Assistants - not MDs - and I don't have much confidence that they would do any better.
We called the ER and the nurse who answered said, we can't give advice over the phone but I suggest you come in right away.
Thanks to our wonderful caring system, the ER is not available for people who have a chronic problem.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.