from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Mythology The principal evil spirit or devil of Islamic mythology.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of Iblis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The prince of the evil spirits; Satan.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Mohammedan myth., an evil spirit or devil, the chief of the fallen angels or wicked jinns. Before his fall he was called Azazel or Hharis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Islam) the principal evil jinni in Islamic mythology
Sorry, no etymologies found.