from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of the Scandinavian people inhabiting the Faeroe Islands.
- n. The North Germanic language spoken by the inhabitants of the Faeroe Islands.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or pertaining to the Faroe Islands, Faroese people or the Faroese language
- n. A person from the Faroe Islands, Faroe Islander
- proper n. The language of the Faroe Islands, closely related to Icelandic, and more distantly to Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An inhabitant, or, collectively, inhabitants, of the Faroe islands.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the Faroe islands, or to their language or inhabitants.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of the Faroe islands, a group of islands belonging to Denmark, lying midway between the Shetland islands and Iceland.
- n. A Scandinavian dialect spoken in the Faroe islands.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Scandinavian language (closely related to Icelandic) that is spoken on the Faroe Islands
From Faroe + -ese. (Wiktionary)