from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Florence, Italy.
- adj. Having or characterized by a dull chased or rubbed finish. Used of gold.
- adj. Prepared, cooked, or served with spinach.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Florence, Italy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to the Italian city of Florence.
- n. A native or resident of the Italian city of Florence.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Belonging or relating to Florence, in Italy.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Florence, a city in Italy.
- n. A kind of silk.
- n. A kind of pudding or tart; a kind of meat pie.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Florence, the chief city of Tuscany, in Italy.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Florence.
- n. [lowercase] A silk textile fabric, of solid and durable make, used for wearing-apparel.
- n. Same as florence, 2.
- n. [lowercase] A kind of pie having no crust beneath the meat.
- n. [lowercase] Same as fanchonnette.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or resident of Florence, Italy
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of the city of Florence
Latin Flōrentīnus, from Flōrentia, Florence, Italy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French florentin. (Wiktionary)