from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a people of Benin and neighboring parts of Nigeria.
- n. The Gbe language of the Fon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A language of Benin and Togo, specifically, in the southern regions corresponding to the former kingdom of Dahomey. Also known as Fongbe or Fɔngbe, it is part of the Gbe family of West African languages.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A fool; an idiot.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fool; a simpleton; an idiot.
- Foolish; simple; silly.
- To be foolish or simple; act like a fool; dote.
Sorry, no etymologies found.