American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Roman Mythology The goddess of fortune.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Roman mythology, the goddess of fortune. See fortune, 2.
- n. The nineteenth planetoid, discovered by Hind, in London, in 1852.
- n. Roman mythology The Roman goddess of luck, fortune and fate. The equivalent to the Greek goddess, Tyche.
- n. astronomy 19 Fortuna, the asteroid.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. the goddess of fortune and good luck; counterpart of Greek Tyche.
- n. (Roman mythology) the goddess of fortune and good luck; counterpart of Greek Tyche
- Latin Fortūna. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“According to The Hollywood Reporter, Dominic Monaghan and Freddy Rodriguez have been cast in "Fortuna," a thriller set in a bleak economic future.”
“O Fortuna" is a most apropos message tonight civil_truth”
“Christian Louboutin "Fortuna 120 platform pumps" all images can be found atnet-a-porter. com”
“Fortuna is about a game that the wealthy have concocted to give the impoverished hope in the depressing times they live in.”
“In other words, if the goddess Fortuna smiles on us, then, as a result, we will have the good fortune – which comes from the word Fortuna – to be happy.”
“Dominic Monaghan and Freddy Rodriguez have been cast in Fortuna, which sounds like The Island Meets Children of Men”
“Father brought from Paris a marvellous game, called Fortuna, with bells over pockets in the wood, and balls which were pushed with cues.”
“The former captain of the Fortuna was the third captive.”
“Although BASF does not yet sell any other G.M. crops for cultivation in Europe, the company said it no longer had plans to market other potatoes, including a disease-resistant variety called Fortuna, and a disease-resistant variety of wheat.”
“Tripoli - Her parents called her Fortuna, after the Roman Goddess of luck.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Fortuna’.
A list of mythological gods that people have worshipped throughout history (includes primordial dieties).
They can be animate or inanimate (male or female). 3+ syllables
Looking for tweets for Fortuna.