from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Roman Mythology The goddess of fortune.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The Roman goddess of luck, fortune and fate. The equivalent to the Greek goddess, Tyche.
- proper n. 19 Fortuna, the asteroid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. the goddess of fortune and good luck; counterpart of Greek Tyche.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Roman mythology, the goddess of fortune. See fortune, 2.
- n. The nineteenth planetoid, discovered by Hind, in London, in 1852.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Roman mythology) the goddess of fortune and good luck; counterpart of Greek Tyche
Latin Fortūna.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)