from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To give a German quality to.
- transitive v. Archaic To translate into German.
- intransitive v. To have or adopt German customs or attitudes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To give a German character to (something).
- v. To adopt German customs or culture.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make German, or like what is distinctively German.
- intransitive v. To reason or write after the manner of the Germans.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To render German in character or sentiment; cause to conform to German ideals or methods.
- To translate into German.
- To become German in habits, feelings, sympathies, tastes, etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.