from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of a radical political faction in France during the French Revolution.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A member of the moderate republican party formed in the French legislative assembly in 1791. The Girondists were so called because their leaders were deputies from the department of La Gironde.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Girondists.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of an important political party during the first French revolution.
- Pertaining to a member of the Gironde or to the Gironde.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of the moderate republican party that was in power during the French Revolution; the Girondists were overthrown by their more radical rivals the Jacobins
Sorry, no etymologies found.